Friday, January 6, 2017

First Snow

We got some snow this morning! For many people, there is nothing unusual about it but here, snowfall is quite rare. Everyone gives in to panic and all the stores close until the roads are cleared and covered with sand several inches deep   :)
Usually, everything melts within two or three days. Sometimes we get an ice storm, which actually causes more headache than snow. Last year I was stuck at home for two full weeks because of the thick ice on the road. Luckily, I had enough food and my power was not cut off. It was fun for the first three days because I did not have to go to work or school but afterwards it was just plain BORING. Two weeks!!!! Can you imagine???

This is a picture I took this morning:
 
 
 And these are pictures from last year- everything covered with ice!





No comments:

Post a Comment