Sunday, April 2, 2017

Bread

Yesterday, I made two huge loafs of bread. They took up all the space in my oven! I used four kinds of flour including rye flour, so it has crunchy crust and tastes like an old-fashioned European bread. Since I do not eat much bread however, just a slice here and there, I cut each loaf in four and freeze. One such piece lasts for 3-4 days. That way I do not waste anything. Home-made bread is also much healthier since I do not use any chemicals for freshness, sugar, or too much salt. Well, actually I use 1/2 teaspoon of sugar for yeasts (I ferment rye flour with yeasts and sugar for 3 days before adding more flour and baking) but it is spread between two big loafs, and it is about 1/4 of sugar what you can find in regular soft "bread" at the store...
So my fridge is full and I do not have to worry about "going hungry" for the next few weeks!
And there is nothing like the smell of freshly baked bread in the air! Seriously.


No comments:

Post a Comment